John Monash: Engineering enterprise prior to WW1.

Reinforced concrete T-girder bridges. Stringybark Creek Bridge. 1915.

A view below the bridge, looking from one abutment wall to the other. The original pier consisted of two rectangular columns with a cross-head, supporting four lines of girders.

Photo c.1997.

The girders of the original bridge are: the one passing straight over the camera, plus the three girders to the left of it. The original cross-piece did not extend beyond these.

Links:
Bridges Index. [Return to]
History of the Stringybark Creek Bridge.

General Navigation:
[Intro to Monash pages.] [Main JM Index.]